Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Everything's Coming Up Roses


Can't believe I haven't posted since March! So much is happening, life-wise and spirit-wise. Much to tell. Suffice it to say that the angels are very active and so pleased to communicate more and more with us directly. Yay!!! My angels are opening up new opportunities for me to be more myself and make a living possibly in a new way. Stay tuned!! Makes perfect sense that several mornings my song message for the day has been, "Everything's Coming Up Roses," the Ethel Merman hit that took Broadway by storm in 1959, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and music by Jule Styne. I feel so uplifted and supported hearing the lyrics:  

You'll be swell! You'll be great! Gonna have the whole world on a plate.
Starting here, starting now, honey, everything's coming up roses!

Clear the decks! Clear the tracks! You've got nothing to do but relax.
Blow a kiss. Take a bow. Honey, everything's coming up roses!

Now's your inning. Stand the world on it's ear!
Set it spinning! That'll be just the beginning!
Curtain up! Light the lights! You got nothing to hit but the heights!
You'll be swell. You'll be great. I can tell. Just you wait.
That lucky star I talk about is you! (I changed this word as that's how it came in)
Honey, everything's coming up roses for ME AND FOR YOU!


My art buddy Amy Hillenbrand is a steady source of inspiration and encouragement. This "Big "Bunch of Love" painting by Amy Hillenbrand is a perfect theme for this post. The roses are gorgeously depicted and were inspired by a heartfelt gift from her husband Bob. The circle of love continues! This painting is on display in the Georgetown Public Library as part of that community's popular Art Hop. So thankful Amy asked me to join her at the award reception. What a wonderful community of artist and art-lovers.

One of the things I love most about this song is the lyric line, "For me and for you." While the original lyrics were written with a bit of a dark side for the show "Gypsy," the song energetics of my angelic message have been modified to be totally supportive, loving, nurturing and encouraging. It feels to me the message is not just for me but for all of us, encouraging us to be fearless in being ourselves and invigorating us to display our brightest gifts to the world. So go out there and shine!! The world needs your gifts. 

3 comments:

  1. Deb, What an inspiring post! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so neat how you get songs. What a happy song this is too. Thank you so much for posting my painting here. You're a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically, healing refers to the process of bringing body and mind to a stable and healthy condition. It is not actually simple as it may sound; since it involves a series of ups and downs before the body achieves total healing.

    ilchi lee chakra healing

    ReplyDelete