Friday, June 29, 2012

Are you open to receiving?

Some people are natural givers. They see a person in need and they are right there to help. I admire these people greatly. While I might not be the best giver, I have noticed I am quite open to receiving love and abundance in my life. I was not always this way. Over the last 15 years, I have allowed much love and abundance to flow in. It is ALL a divine gift and I am very grateful. Guess it's a good thing that the more grateful you are, the more you attract things in your life for which to be grateful!! Woohoo.

While I am open to receiving, I've noticed that not everyone is.

Are you fully open to receiving?

Often when we pray, deep down we might doubt our request can be fulfilled. We want healing but can't envision it or don't make the effort to think about what the healing would be like - but rather continue to focus on the challenges of the illness. If we desire a full bank account but doubt the economy is robust enough to provide the ideal job and income, or believe our skill sets don't match the market, we prevent our natural answer from flowing to us. This lack of belief, fear or focus on the current state hinders the divine's answer from automatically flowing to us. Maybe not permanently, but it can certainly delay it.
Are you fully open to receiving? Through my guardian angel Allison and the archangels, I've learned many big life lessons. Here's one: whenever you ask for something, stop thinking about what you don't want, stop thinking about the situation the way it is, and focus on the OUTCOME you desire. Envision it. Feel the feeling you would feel once fulfilled. Spend time in this space. Lots of time. Actually KNOW that your request has already been answered, and that the partiuclar components to fulfilling your wish are zipping their way right to you. Hear the words, "And it is done." Wheeeeee. What you'll notice is your prayers are answered usually in a BIGGER way and maybe even faster than you imagined. I'm blessed to say this has been my experience.

When my husband and I were newly married and looking for a home, he wanted to build and I wanted to buy something already built. However, the one thing I did want was a view. After an exhaustive search of lots, my hubby was finally ready to look at existing homes. Yay - I was thrilled. As it turned out, there was one more lot left to look at that came on the market in the neighborhood I had always dreamed would be ideal. And guess what. This lot had one amazing view!! I was hooked. I gave in to building. It wasn't until the house was built that we knew how fabulous the view would be. I love living with the natural world all around me. It's very restorative and uplifting to my soul. I now know our home was only possible by joint commitment, tolerance, love and going with the flow. I see the hand of the divine here each day.

Are you fully open to receiving? I believe that each of our paths is perfect for each of us, whether it appears good or bad. One big lesson I've learned through my angel guidance is to trust the natural flow - to ALLOW good things to flow to us. If the natural flow doesn't appear good, trust that allowing and not resisting is optimum. If we don't stress, don't live in angst or worry but focus on living in the feeling of the answered prayer, the answers come with ease and without much effort. Sometimes the answer is different than we envisioned. But in hindsight we will see that all was necessary to get to where we wanted to go.

Are you fully open to receiving? "And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive." Matthew 21.22. Belief and trust are key.

Here's the kicker. When I started conversing with my guardian angel Allison 19 years ago, when I was single and renting, she suggested I drive around town envisioning the nice home I might live in some day. Ha! I totally disregarded her suggestion. Would never happen. I couldn't even fathom it. Now today I am living happily married in the very neighborhood I considered ideal as a single, heartbroken young woman. Who knew? Allison knew!!!  




1 comment:

  1. Deb, one more great post! I love this concept, and have experienced this exact process many times. What the divine plan has had in store for me, has been so much bigger than what I imagined. It is so important to have faith, and allow your good to come to you, and it really does! Thank you for such wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete