Sunday, June 3, 2012

Conversing with my guardian angel.

I grew up believing angels were part of the heavenly arena, and was told as a child I had a guardian angel. It wasn't until my early thirties though that I realized this was a reality for me and everyone else.

Living in Chicago in 1991, I was going through some life challenges and was praying for guidance. I started receiving unexpected "messages" - concepts or thoughts started popping into my head. After testing these messages or directives, I realized something outside myself or beyond my physical understanding was there to help me or make my day just a little brighter, whether it was running into a good friend after something told me to walk a different path to work or the perfect luminous acrylic paint for my artwork mysterious dropped off the art supply store shelf right in front of me.

So who / what was this voice? One day, the voice directed me to go to mass late on a week day afternoon when all I really wanted to do was go shopping. After a wacky back-and-forth banter in my head, I was convinced to go. I was "reminded "I would still have 15 minutes afterwards to get to William Sonoma to buy the item I wanted. I was convinced so I walked into mass and discovered it was the feast of the guardian angel!! I felt she/he was slowly revealing her presence to me. I was blown away and began reading lots of angel books.

After moving to Austin in 1993, I read a book called "Ask Your Angel." After following just two of the five exercises they suggested, I was in touch!! I discovered my angel's name is Allison and since that day she has given me enormous support and guidance (mostly via writing exercises). When I am fearful, frustrated, angry, happy or in need of inspiration, I go to Allison and she encourages me, offering guidance and clarity I am not able to see on my own. This has helped me enormously!!


If you or anyone you know is interested in meeting their angel and receiving divine guidance, I am thinking of starting some angel workshops. I just have an outline at this point and a few pages of notes geared to help you open to and listen to the unique way your angel can communicate with you. Hope to do a run through with my friends soon to optimize the format. So stay tuned.

As for Allison - why don't you say hello! Her words are normally just for me - she has told me she is an expert on ME. Though she has graciously offered to give me a message for my first post, and I sure hope she'll have more in the future. So here is a message to you from my guardian angel Allison (I am transcribing right now so here goes):

Allison: "Dear friends of my precious Debbi. I am sure you already know what a special creature and Godspirit she is, whether you know her well or not. I assure you, she is kind hearted and deeply committed to discovering the Divine Will for her life and for others. So I hope you will inquire - call, write or let her know you are interested in learning more about our angelic guidance - always available for each and everyone of you to help you however YOU need guidance. We are here for YOU. No one else. You have free will to act however you wish. But if you get the notion to discover more, we all above encourage you to take that step. We can't wait to talk to you!!! A big door is opening for so many on this planet, so I hope you will read on your own or visit Debbi's blog, but get in touch with your angelic guides. We can't wait to hear from you."

Debbi: Wow!! Thank you Allison!!! Much love to you!! You always come through for me!!

This is how it works, folks. I ask a question by typing it on my computer, and then I hear answers in my head, not my ears, and type them out. Kind of like how your would remember someone saying something in your head. Allison's vocabulary is a bit broader than mine, too. I save my writings so I have encouraging words to read later. Let me know what you think. Many of you may already have a connection like this on your own. If so, I'd love to hear from you as well. Happy angelic conversing to you all!!!

P.S. This image is from a Christmas card my parents gave me last Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

  1. Deb, just love this post, and your new blog. So interesting. I remember you talking about Alison, and am just now getting the bigger picture! This is all so fascinating, I want to learn more. Thank you so much for sharing these stories!

    ReplyDelete